Vanguard Audio Labs V1 + LOLLI
The Vanguard Audio V1 +LOLLI kit was created to be your most flexible and adaptable microphone system. The four small capsules allow tonal variety on any number of sources and exceptionally well-suited for close-to-medium-range mic’ing of acoustic guitar, percussion, drums, piano, and stringed instruments. The V34C “LOLLI” capsule adds another level to your V1 toolkit by coupling the smooth, lush sound of the custom-voiced V13 capsule with the precision and detail of the V1 microphone.
After hundreds of hours of listening and testing exhaustive design variations with world-class engineers, we can confidently say that this microphone will exceed the performance of other pencil condenser microphones in its price range, and rival or exceed the performance of microphones costing several times more.
The Vanguard Audio Labs V1+LOLLI excels in almost any recording situation, with vocals being of particular note.
The V34C “LOLLI” Capsule houses an extra-large 34mm edge-terminated, gold-sputtered 3µm Mylar dual-capsule assembly which is custom-voiced with a proprietary hand-tuning process.
The Vanguard Audio Labs V1 + LOLLI features in this review from Neil Rogers of Sound on Sound, read it here.
If you want to step up your game even further, you can invest in the stereo pair bundle, the V1S+LOLLI!
It is placed in a shock mount saddle nestled in a retro-aesthetic chassis CNC-machined from solid aircraft-grade aluminium. Open-weave mesh, a carefully radiused interior, and precision-machined venting prevent standing reflections and allow for an “open-air” voicing. The Vanguard V1+LOLLI was engineered so the V34C LOLLI head is able to easily spin 360 degrees while mounted on the V1, allowing for quick Y-axis positioning adjustment. The switch on the top of the LOLLI allows the user to switch between Cardioid and Omni patterns.
Aesthetically, we think a microphone should look at least half as good as it sounds. The precision-machined brass body is coated with their signature Pinot Noir hue, finished with a deep, lustrous gloss, and accented by polished nickel trim and a precision-cast Vanguard badge.
The Vanguard Audio Labs V1 + Lolli was designed by a team of experts with more than 65 years of combined experience and vetted by award-winning engineers and producers.
Every Vanguard microphone is backed by a FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY.
- 4 small-diaphragm 22mm capsule assemblies – cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional, wide cardioid
- Large-diaphragm V34C “Lolli” multi-pattern capsule assembly
- Transformer-balanced solid-state circuit
- Ultra low-noise high-quality hand-biased JFET and other premium-grade components
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transformer-balanced output – custom-wound humbucking dual-bobbin transformer
- Works via 48V phantom power
- Heavy-duty brass, aircraft-grade aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Each V1 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- 5-Year Warranty
- 22mm removable capsule – Cardioid
- 22mm removable capsule – Hypercardioid
- 22mm removable capsule – Omnidirectional
- 22mm removable capsule – Wide Cardioid
- V34C “Lolli” removable multi-pattern capsule assembly
- VSSM small shockmount
- Padded pinewood microphone storage box
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size (V34C) : 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size (V34C): 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness (v34C): 3µm
- Capsule Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.87″/22mm
- Diaphragm Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.78″ / 16mm
- Capsule Diaphragm Thickness (Small-Diaphragm): 4µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, transformer-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Max SPL: 136dBA (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <15dBA
- S/N Ratio: TBA
- Sensitivity: TBA
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin, gold-plated
- High-Pass/Rolloff Switch: N/A
- Attenuation/Pad Switch: N/A
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Weight (microphone): TBA
- Weight (in case): TBA
- Dimensions (microphone): TBA
- Dimensions (case): TBA
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)