In this video Paul Mortimer from Emerging introduces us to the Merging Technologies Horus and HAPI audio interfaces that can be the front end for your Pro Tools rig via HD and HDX interface card or over the AES67 Audio Over IP protocol Revenna. Now it’s fair to say that a lot of the gear we test is great, some even really great but it can be very hard to tell just how much effect on your sound one piece of kit can have. This is not the case here. From the moment we connect the Hapi to the HDX Card (using the HDX Option card) the results were amazing. Once again Paul knows just how to empty James’ bank account. But there is more. The analog audio input cards that can be fitted to Horus and Hapi are not only line level inputs but also fully DAW controllable Mic Pres, and stunning quality ones to boot. Watch and listen to find out how you too can have a HAPI ending all your own.
“The World’s best analogue section and converters Full Stop’”
After hundreds of comparison tests made by some of the world’s most “golden eared” engineers, we can say this with a strong sense of confidence.
The Networked Audio range of converters brings Swiss-precision and un-ending attention to detail in every single component and signal path and results in the most astonishing of record and reproduction signal paths of any audio interface or converter available today.
- Hand matched and hand soldered analogue componentry
- Ardatech AT1201 A/D chip with modified HPF for enhanced performance
- Individually calibrated quartz clocking mechanism
- Each channel must pass over 30 noise, distortion, CMRR and level threshold tests
- Completely balanced signal path direct to the AD
- A/D and D/A samplerate support from 44.1 -> 384kHz, DXD & DSD64/128/256